Top 10 Cities Whose Residents Are Most Likely to Get Out of Town for Labor Day Weekend
Travelocity Booking Data Finds Which Cities' Inhabitants are Most Likely to Take One Last Summer Vacation
Aug 15, 2011
SOUTHLAKE, Texas – August 15, 2011 – Labor Day weekend is fast approaching and many travelers are hoping to squeeze in one last summer weekend away. Travelocity analyzed its Labor Day booking data to find out which cities' residents were most likely to take a vacation over the last unofficial weekend of summer. The web site also found the top three destinations for the residents of each city and how much on average they'll pay for a hotel room at their destination.
1. New York City: Residents of the Big Apple are headed to South Florida, Las Vegas and Orlando to say goodbye to summer.
2. Los Angeles: L.A.'s inhabitants are headed to New York, Chicago and Maui over Labor Day weekend.
3. Washington, DC: D.C. residents will put politics aside and head to South Florida, Orlando and Boston this holiday weekend.
4. Chicago: Las Vegas takes the number-one spot for Windy City's residents, with New York City and Los Angeles coming in second and third.
5. San Francisco: Two destinations in Hawaii – Honolulu and Maui – top the list for San Franciscans. Coming in at number three is New York City.
6. Dallas / Fort Worth: Las Vegas is the first choice for D/FW dwellers when it comes to Labor Day weekend getaways. The two and three spot go to San Francisco and New York City.
7. Denver: Travelers from the Mile High City are betting on Las Vegas for their last getaway of the summer, with New York City and San Diego coming in second and third.
8. South Florida: South Floridians will spend their last weekend of the summer in New York City, followed by Las Vegas and Washington, DC.
9. Boston: San Francisco, Chicago and Orlando take the top three spots for travelers from Beantown this holiday weekend.
10. Seattle: Seattle residents taking to the skies are headed to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Denver for Labor Day weekend.
Average Daily Rate
Las Vegas hotels
Los Angeles hotels
New York hotels
San Diego hotels
San Francisco hotels
South Florida hotels
Washington DC hotels
About Travelocity Global
Travelocity® is committed to being the traveler's champion – before, during and after the trip – and provides the most comprehensive and proactive guarantee in the industry (http://www.travelocity.com/guarantee). This customer-driven focus, backed by 24/7 live phone support, competitive prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity one of the largest travel companies in the world. Travelocity also owns and operates: Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel; and ZUJI, a leader in Asia-Pacific online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation, a world leader in travel marketing and distribution.